This months Fish-A-Long will be held Saturday, the 12th of November. This is our annual trip to the Kilches River fishing for Chum Salmon. This is a popular, well attended CFF trip fishing for big, strong, hard fighting Chum salmon. Early reports have confirmed this should be a banner year for Chum returns to the Tillamook areas streams.
What- Chum Salmon
Where- Kilches River
When- 8am Saturday the 12th of November
- 7 to 10wt rods with matching reel at least 100 yards of backing
- floating & sink tip lines
- 6 to 10 ft leaders tapered to 15 to 20 pound test
- flies, bright both weighted and unweighted size 2 to 6. I’ll have extra
- long nose pliers, Chums have big sharp teeth
- waders & wading staff, the Kilches in not a hard river to wade
- rain gear, it’s the Oregon coast
- warm, layered clothing
Directions- take highway OR- 6 to Tillamook, then head North on Hwy 101 to the Kilches river road. Take the Kilches river road & when you pass the gravel pit take a right over the wooden bridge well meet at the parking lot of the boat launch on the left. Instruction and extra equipment will be provided. I will be down checking on the fishing conditions Friday the 11th. Check the blog for updates before heading over.
If you have never caught big (10 to 20 pounds) hard fighting fish, this trip is for you, it’s usually a real fun action packed outing that shouldn’t be missed, hope to see you there! Questions send me an E-mail or a phone call Lane Hoffman.