Forum

The forum is for current CFF members only. You will need to register first to create a WordPress account in order to post to the forum using your profile. You can also just post as a guest without logging in.

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Rainier Lakes 2-1-19

This is a great Oregon Fishing Club property, with very little pressure this time of year.  I fished from my float tube, and using my new Garmin depth finder.  I see how this will be really useful this Spring when I get more heavily into stillwater fishing, especially when exploring new waters.

I've fished Rainier a number of times, so didn’t learn too much new with the Garmin.  I still managed to snag up on all the same stumps that I usually do.   Once I got the depth and retrieve dialed in the fishing was good.  I brought about 8 rainbows to the net, between 13 and 18”.

If anyone who isn’t a member of OFC would like to try this place out with me as a guest, hit me up.  It is best fished with a float tube and a 5 or 6 wt with a full intermediate line or a floater with an intermediate sink tip.

Greg

Uploaded files:
  • 1A3DF2EA-4E4B-422D-AAED-45C2AA091F53.jpeg
  • 0CD80850-4EEC-41A5-BCBB-FC1A3F3B7130.jpeg
  • 8F94DCE8-2FF4-4A41-9D5A-8C6F547DD63E.jpeg

I would be interested to go back to the Rainier Lakes if we could work out a day.

Phil,

Let's talk at the meeting and figure out a day.

Greg