Forum

The forum is for current CFF members only. You will need to register first to create a WordPress account in order to post to the forum using your profile. You can also just post as a guest without logging in.

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hagg Lake 1-27-19

I was planning to fish Pine Hollow today, but read of an ice layer on parts of the reservoir so changed plans to fish Hagg Lake.  Despite living in the Portland area for 35 years I have never fished Hagg Lake!

We put in float tubes in the cold fog at about 9 am, and quickly saw a couple trout caught by a bank angler which made me optimistic.  Actually though, I had a very slow first hour until seeing a fish rise near the bank and hooking it after 2 casts to it.  This was a nice 15” rainbow that took a black bead chain eye bugger.  Another slow hour followed when I finally hooked 2 trout off of a point that looked fishy.

The fog never lifted and it stayed at about 40 degrees air temp and 41 degree water temp near the surface.  After 3 fish landed I pulled the plug and went home to warm up.

It was a fun trip, and I plan to go back in the coming weeks and explore more in the upper creek arms.

Greg