Forum

The forum is for current CFF members only. You will need to register first to create a WordPress account in order to post to the forum using your profile. You can also just post as a guest without logging in.

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Clackamas River 1-25-19

I floated from a Feldheimer to Barton in my newly refurbished pontoon boat (swapped out the leaky 8’ tubes with new dual bladder 11’ tubes from Bucks Bags).  The boat worked great, I just need to build a better cargo platform behind the seat and improve my rod storage method so I can stow a fully assembled 13' spey rod minimal risk of damage.

Anyway, for the fishing report part: Not a single bump, tug, take, etc.  We fished great looking water (level was 13.1' at the start), and talked to a few other anglers who also got blanked.  That’s steelhead fishing....

Greg

Uploaded files:
  • 3ADF1763-C1B8-4A00-93A1-BCBA744A5CB8.jpeg

Thanks for the report Greg. I'm going to get out there Sat or Sun.

We clearly should have used the meetup Greg! I fished below Barton for a couple hours in the morning. A lot of sleds cruising around but no fish were cruising into my fly.

Trux and I put in at Riverside park at 8am, ran upstream to the mouth of Rock Creek then worked our way back down, finishing up about 1pm. No bumps or tugs on our bugs.

There was a sea lion at the ramp when we were putting in and we kept seeing it upstream. We hoped it was chasing a big pod of steelhead and this was both a good and a bad sign.

Pressure was light early with only 1 other boat but then later boat traffic picked up. We only heard of 1 steelhead taken, a nice size native on a bobber setup.

Water conditions were good at 12.7' and 42 degrees.